Bragging rights, authenticity, perception whatever the reason you seek to get verified on TikTok, there’s a protocol to gaining that badge. Verification is important because it’s an easy way to let your users know they are seeing authentic content. It also builds trust with your followers.
Unlike Instagram, you cannot apply to be verified on TikTok; you must be selected. How does one get chosen? According to TikTok support, the official criteria include:
- Having an active account – logged in within the past six months
- Being Authentic. The Account must represent a real person.
- Complete. The account must be public and have a bio, name, profile picture, and have at least one video posted.
- Notable: TikTok reviews accounts that have been in news sources.
- Secure: Having two-factor authentication set up for the account.
Those seem like fairly achievable goals and ones you’ve likely fostered on the platform already. In addition to the TikTok criteria, what are some things that could increase your chances of getting verified? The folks at Sprout Social offer this insight:
- Being verified on other social platforms.
- Grow your following.
- Get featured in other media: Hootsuite advises getting featured in either traditional or non-traditional media is a good way to get TikTok’s attention.
Want higher visibility and help to grow your following? Might be time to collaborate with other creators and brands, hop on the latest viral trend and make sure to post consistently. Whatever you do, one important reminder – stick to community guidelines – Verification won’t come to those in violation! Now, go out and get that check mark!
Sign up for our FREE trial today to learn more about your audience and how you can boost your engagement on TikTok.